Friday, February 19, 2016

Bruce Almighty

Movie review
Bruce Almighty
http://www.cinemablend.com/moviereviews/images/brucealmighty/5.jpg





What’s it about?
Bruce is a local news reporter who is dissatisfied with nearly everything in his life, and rarely misses an opportunity to complain about it. Until one day God endows Bruce with all of his powers and challenges him to take on his job and see if he can do any better.


Expectation
This was the first Jim Carrey movie I watched. I had heard a lot about Jim Carrey and his movies so when I watched this trailer I was very excited. The trailer was very impressing and I really liked the idea and the concept of the movie. I was really looking forward to watching this movie. And the cherry on the cake is Morgan Freeman as God.


Characters
Bruce Nolan represents every common man. And his girlfriend Grace represents all the women who stand strong by their man’s side no matter what. Jim Carrey and Jennifer Aniston have done great justice to their characters. Everyone is well cast and no one more perfectly than Freeman, who is far more God-like than George Burns ever was. Freeman's God is wise, humble, wry, patient and funny but never mean-spirited.
Positives
'Bruce Almighty' is a film that I've loved ever since its release.
I was awed by the acting and the storyline; it's such a touching & moving experience.
Freeman makes a great mentor and a wonderful actor. Similarly Jenifer has done a wonderful job.
Bruce aka Jim Carrey is hilarious, uproarious, comical, side-splitting and entertaining.
This film had me laughing all the way through.
Bruce Almighty is a very funny and an amazing movie.


Negatives
Somewhere I feel they have focused too much on Jim Carrey and not given much importance to the other characters.
There are few goof ups in the movie.
The sequel isn’t as good as this.
Overall Rating

8.5 out of 10. I would definitely recommend this movie.





No comments:

Post a Comment